What is an SSA?
The City of Chicago's Special Service Area (SSA) program provides communities with the financial means to create, maintain and manage clean, attractive and competitive commercial districts. SSAs (often known as Business Improvement Districts in other cities) provide a fair and transparent way to finance and manage improvement programs important to communities. The Chicago City Council passed the Establishment Ordinance for the Wicker Park Bucktown SSA #33 on November 23, 2005. View the WPB By-Laws here.
The WPB SSA #33 Mission:
'To sustain and promote the prosperity and unique qualities of life of the Wicker Park Bucktown neighborhood and commercial district, whilst preserving its diverse character for the benefit of its residents, visitors, and businesses through the wise and discerning investment of resources to enhance our public ways'
Who are we?
SSA #33 is directed by a commission of volunteer stakeholders administered by the Wicker Park Bucktown Chamber of Commerce.
What are the boundaries of SSA #33?
- East side of Western Ave. between Division St. to Fullerton Ave.
- West side of Western Ave. between North Ave. to Fullerton Ave.
- Both sides of Damen Ave. from Schiller St. to the Kennedy Expressway (90/94)
- Both sides of Ashland Ave. from Division St. to the Kennedy Expressway (90/94)
- Both sides of North Ave. from Western Ave. to the Kennedy Expressway (90/94)
- North side of Division St. between Western Ave. to the Kennedy Expressway (90/94)
- South side of Division St. between Western Ave. to Milwaukee Ave.
- Both sides of Milwaukee Ave. from Division St. to Western Ave.