The Benefits of WPB Chamber Membership
We're here to serve our Members
When you join the WPB Chamber, you become a part of a network of experienced and like-minded individuals excited to see your business succeed. Because it’s worked for others, we’d like to extend an invitation to you. You can view our membership brochure with an overview of membership benefits by clicking here. We’re looking forward to working with you to create stronger local business.
Please note that the Chamber has just updated it's membership schedule. We are working hard to make these changes across all platforms as soon as possible. Please contact the Membership & Marketing Coordinator with any questions.
Dues are based on the size and type of the business and are good for one year of Membership. We have a membership category for every business type:
- $0 – Orange Dot Artist Listing: For artists, musicians, & performers of all disciplines: It’s always good to have your name & work in more places, especially when WPB Chamber members are looking!
- $75 - Networking: Rub elbows with Chamber Staff, Board, & of course our other Members at all mixers. Perfect for startups or residents looking to get to know the WPB business community better. *Please note this is not a full business membership.
- $100 - Associate Business Member: Reduced-rate membership for current, business members wanting a 2nd or 3rd business they also own to become a member.
- $150 - Cultural Venue/Non-Profit: Special rate for art galleries, dance studios, design studios, theatres, & non-profit organizations.
- Standard Business: Standard small business category for businesses without a liquor license:
- $200 - 1-9 Employees.
- $300 - 10+ Employees.
- $400 - Restaurant/Bar: Businesses that have a liquor license.
- $1200 - Silver Membership: In addition to the great benefits that all business members receive, Silver Members gain these privileges:
- Speak as the Merchant of the Month at a mixer of their choice
- Be named sponsor of one non-festival event per year: WPB Wellness Expo, WPB Summer Sidewalk Sale, WPB Fall Dinner Crawl, or WPB Wicked West Trick OR Treat
- $4000 - Gold Membership: In addition to the benefits enjoyed by all members & those included in the Silver Premium Membership Package, Gold Members gain the privilege of:
- Be named sponsor of your choice of the following: Wicker Park Farmers Market, ChillFest, or the WPB Holiday Party.
Dues are paid every year from the date of sign up. Please contact the Membership & Marketing Coordinator if you have specific billing needs.
Please note that to participate in Wicker Park Fest your full year of membership must be paid before your festival application will be processed & at least 1 month before festival applications are due.
A Note to Division St. Businesses:
By joining both the Wicker Park Bucktown and West Town Chambers, membership at each Chamber will be reduced by 50%. This is not applicable to premium membership levels (silver & gold) *ONLY AVAILABLE FOR BUSINESSES LOCATED ON DIVISION STREET*
The Chamber is your liaison the WPB business Community & the City of Chicago. Whether you need assistance completing your permits, garnering support for new or changing developments, want to contact your aldermen, meet your neighbors, get in touch with local resident, or just have a question about with whom best to talk with, we can connect you to the right people.
- Check the Chamber Calendar to see where our next monthly mixer is and join us in a relaxed atmosphere at some of your favorite local watering holes. Whether you’re new in town or are looking to create an event with a different sector of business, mixers are the perfect place to collaborate casually.
- Hosting one of our Monthly Chamber Mixers is a great way to showcase your business and attract new potential customers. As a woman business owner you can also choose to host one of our Women's Networking Events.
- Get direct access to the Chambers committees, who can provide insight into zoning needs, and garner support from the Chamber’s Board of Directors, or take part in directing the Chamber’s next moves.
The Chamber offers a number of committees that direct the Chamber’s next steps across all facets of business in the WPB Neighborhood. The more involved you are in the WPB Business Community, the more you will get back. Check out the WPB SSA #33 committees for true hands on government as well. The WPB Chamber Committees:
- Marketing Committee
- Membership Committee
- Events Committee
- Planning, Zoning, Hospitality, & Development Committee
For full information on each committee, read through the Chamber Committees Page. Contact email@example.com to join a committee.
Promotions and Media
The Chamber helps you promote your business to thousands of local residents and businesses: your potential new customers. Because savvy marketing leads to more business and better sales, we've created a promotional package that will help you achieve just that.
- Be found in our comprehensive business directory, broken down in categories, alphabetical or on a map
- Create an in-depth directory listing describing all the amazing things about your business with an image and links to your website, social media pages and review sites
- Post your events to our heavily trafficked Neighborhood Events Calendar
- Receive coverage of your business and one free ad per year in our popular weekly e-newsletter, sent to your target market of thousands of local residents and businesses
- Tap into our extensive social media network to get liked, shared, retweeted, & reposted on our Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram pages
- Add your promotions, discounts and deals to our Local Deals page
- The Chamber works with the city's most prestigious periodicals and organizations to promote upcoming sales, events and news
- Chamber Members receive special pricing from Constant Contact: the digital marketing outreach solution. Log in to the Member's Only deals page for full details.
Events and Festivals
The Chamber coordinates a number of well-attended events that elevate the profile of the community including:
- Wicker Park Fest
- WPB Wellness Expo
- WPB Summer Sidewalk Sale
- WPB Fall Dinner Crawl
- Wicked West Trick OR Treat
- Hyper-Local Holiday Campaign
- Wicker Park Farmers Market
Chamber Members often receive discounted or special rates when participating in these and other various promotional opportunities throughout the year.
Education and Development
Chamber Members may attend our informative training sessions: Brain Trust Seminars. These sessions cover relevant and timely business topics, such as understanding and maximizing social media, business branding, networking techniques, accounting best practices, facade rebates, etc. These seminars are led by experts in their fields, are free to Chamber Members and can be found on the Chamber Events calendar.
Exclusive Members-Only Discounts
Running a business is costly. The Chamber provides a number of ways to save money as you make money. Log in to your account to see exclusive members-only discounts and feel free to offer a deal to your fellow Members (another great way for Members to promote their business!).
We gladly offer technical assistance to businesses applying for municipal permits, our local rebate programs and related matters.
Chamber Members are also welcome to drop off old documents for secure shredding and recycling during our regular business hours, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday (there is no after-hours drop-off). Due to our limited onsite capacity, please bring no more than a 12” stack of paper per visit. We also offer battery recycling (whether single-use or rechargeable).
Make An Investment in your Business
When you become a Chamber Member, you invest in the future of your business and the business community as a whole. Make that investment and become a Member of the WPB Chamber today.