The Benefits of WPB Chamber Membership
We're here to serve our Members
When you join the WPB Chamber, you become a part of a network of experienced and like-minded individuals excited to see your business succeed. Because it’s worked for others, we’d like to extend an invitation to you. You can view our membership brochure with an overview of membership benefits by clicking here. We’re looking forward to working with you to create stronger local business.
Please note that the Chamber has just updated it's membership schedule. We are working hard to make these changes across all platforms as soon as possible. Please contact the Membership & Marketing Coordinator with any questions.
The Chamber is your liaison the WPB business community & the City of Chicago. Whether you need assistance completing your permits, garnering support for new or changing developments, want to contact your aldermen, meet your neighbors, get in touch with local resident, or just have a question about with whom best to talk with, we can connect you to the right people.
- Check the Chamber Calendar to see where our next monthly mixer is and join us in a relaxed atmosphere at some of your favorite local watering holes. Whether you’re new in town or are looking to create an event with a different sector of business, mixers are the perfect place to collaborate casually.
- Hosting one of our Monthly Chamber Mixers is a great way to showcase your business and attract new potential customers. As a woman business owner you can also choose to host one of our Women's Networking Events.
- Get direct access to the Chambers committees, who can provide insight into zoning needs, and garner support from the Chamber’s Board of Directors, or take part in directing the Chamber’s next moves.
The Chamber helps you to promote your business to thousands of local residents and businesses: your potential new customers. Because savvy marketing leads to more business and better sales, we've created a promotional package that will help you achieve just that.
- Be found in our comprehensive business directory, broken down in categories, alphabetical or on a map
- Create an in-depth directory listing describing all the amazing things about your business with an image and links to your website, social media pages and review sites
- Post your events to our heavily trafficked Neighborhood Events Calendar
- Receive coverage of your business in our popular weekly e-newsletter, sent to your target market of thousands of local residents and businesses
- Tap into our extensive social media network to get liked, shared, retweeted, & reposted on our Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram pages
- Add your promotions, discounts and deals to our Local Deals page
- The Chamber works with the city's most prestigious periodicals and organizations to promote upcoming sales, events and news
- Chamber Members receive special pricing for advertising in our weekly and monthly newsletters, and the home page of our website. To see our affordable advertising rates click here.
The Chamber offers a number of committees that direct the Chamber’s next steps across all facets of business in the WPB Neighborhood. The more involved you are in the WPB Business Community, the more you will get back. Check out the WPB SSA #33 committees for true hands on government as well. The WPB Chamber Committees:
- Marketing Committee
- Membership Committee
- Events Committee
- Planning, Zoning, Hospitality, & Development Committee
For full information on each committee, read through the Chamber Committees Page. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to join a committee.
Events and Festivals
The Chamber coordinates a number of well-attended events that elevate the profile of the community including:
- Wicker Park Fest
- Wicker Park Farmers Market
- WPB Wellness Expo
- WPB Summer Sidewalk Sale
- WPB Fall Dinner Crawl
- Wicked West Trick OR Treat
Chamber Members often receive discounted or special rates when participating in these and other various promotional opportunities throughout the year.
Education and Development
Chamber Members may attend our informative training sessions: Brain Trust Seminars. These sessions cover relevant and timely business topics, such as understanding and maximizing social media, business branding, networking techniques, accounting best practices, facade rebates, etc. These seminars are led by experts in their fields, are free to Chamber Members and can be found on the Chamber Events calendar.
Exclusive Members-Only Discounts
Running a business is costly. The Chamber provides a number of ways to save money as you make money. Log in to your account to see exclusive members-only discounts and feel free to offer a deal to your fellow Members (another great way for Members to promote their business!).
We gladly offer technical assistance to businesses applying for municipal permits, our local rebate programs and related matters.
Chamber Members are also welcome to drop off old documents for secure shredding and recycling during our regular business hours, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday (there is no after-hours drop-off). Due to our limited onsite capacity, please bring no more than a 12” stack of paper per visit. We also offer battery recycling (whether single-use or rechargeable).
Make An Investment in your Business
When you become a Chamber Member, you invest in the future of your business and the business community as a whole. Make that investment and become a Member of the WPB Chamber today.