Promote WPB meets the first Thursday of the month, 8:30 a.m. in the WPB office, 1414 N. Ashland Ave.* THE MAY, 2017 COMMITTEE MEETING HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO WEDNESDAY 5/10, 8:30 A.M.
*PLEASE NOTE: Meetings are occasionally rescheduled, please contact our office to confirm meeting times and locations.
The committee aims to spread the word to generate buzz, intrigue, and excitement about the area and the people, businesses, and organizations that make the area unique. The committee helps create the annual Neighborhood Guide and SSA Annual Reports.
Promote WPB supports events and activities that promote the mission of the SSA. To that end, the Community Grant Program was developed as a way to respond to requests for support. Please review 2017 Community Grant Policy and Application for more information.
Please note the following application deadlines (this information is included in the policy document linked above):
- Applications are due the 30th of each month. If the 30th of a given month falls on a weekend, the applications are due the Friday prior to that weekend.
- Please apply at least two month in advance of your event. Complete applications will be reviewed by the Promote WPB Committee at the regularly scheduled meeting on the first Thursday of the month. If the Committee recommends, the application will be voted on at the Commission Meeting on the third Wednesday of the month. PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO AUGUST COMMISSION MEETING.
- Once applications have been reviewed, the program committee reserves the right to request additional information by email.
- If the application is complete, applicants can expect a response in approximately 30 days.
- Application deadlines are non-negotiable; late applications may be considered the following month.