WPB SSA #33
What is an SSA?
The Wicker Park Bucktown Chamber of Commerce (WPB Chamber) manages the WPB Special Service Area. SSAs, often known as Business Improvement Districts in other cities, provide a fair and transparent way to finance and manage programs to create, maintain and manage clean, attractive and competitive commercial districts. The Chicago City Council created the Wicker Park Bucktown SSA #33 on November 23, 2005.
The WPB SSA #33 Mission:
'To sustain and promote the prosperity and unique qualities of life of the Wicker Park Bucktown neighborhood and commercial district, whilst preserving its diverse character for the benefit of its residents, visitors, and businesses through the wise and discerning investment of resources to enhance our public ways'
What are the boundaries of the SSA district?
- East side of Western from Division to Fullerton
- West side of Western from North to Fullerton
- Damen from Schiller to the Kennedy Expressway
- Ashland from Division to the Kennedy Expressway
- North from Western to the Kennedy Expressway
- North side of Division from Western to the Kennedy Expressway
- South side of Division from Western to Milwaukee
- Milwaukee from Division to Western
What does SSA #33 offer?
For residents, tenants and business owners inside SSA boundaries (the red areas on the map), WPB provides programs - including but not limited to - the following:
- Holiday Décor
- Sidewalk Snow Removal
- Sidewalk Litter Abatement
- Landscaping & Tree Care services
- Graffiti Abatement
- District Safety & Security Rebate Programs: to help pay for repairing glass damaged by acid etching and installing anti-graffiti film; replacing broken windows and installing anti-smash film; installing exterior cameras; installing exterior lighting; providing private security services
- Facade Rebate Program: owners and tenants of property within the SSA boundaries may apply for a rebate up to 50% on approved facade improvement costs.
- Community Grant Program: to sponsor public programs, events, initiatives, or services that demonstrate a measurable benefit to the community and foster community growth and development within the SSA district.
- Specialty Projects: community shredding / e-cycling days, bike racks & public benches, the "One Big Thing" public art project, Orange Walls Murals, the Orange Gnome Project, projects at Wicker Park Fest & Green Music Fest, and other seasonal community events.
Find more information about these services on the WPB SSA #33 Website and by reviewing our Annual Reports. If you would like to apply for one of our SSA rebate/grant programs, please review the program policies and applications.
All WPB SSA #33 meetings are open to the public.
The Commission of SSA #33 is guided by the 2016 WPB Neighborhood Master Plan and meets the third Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm with a Meet & Greet at 6:45pm. (location: Wicker Park Fieldhouse, 1425 N. Damen)
The WPB Committees report to the Commission and meet monthly. The committees include:
- Clean & Green Committee
- Promote WPB Committee
- Arts Committee
- Transportation Committee
- Guide Development Committee
To learn more about our committees and to find out how to get more involved visit www.wickerparkbucktown.org
WPB SSA #33 Commissioners
Radiance Fine Jewelry
Store B Vintage
Quick Release Bike Shop