What is an SSA?
The Wicker Park Bucktown Chamber of Commerce (WPB Chamber) manages the WPB Special Service Area. SSAs, often known as Business Improvement Districts in other cities, provide a fair and transparent way to finance and manage programs to create, maintain and manage clean, attractive and competitive commercial districts. The Chicago City Council created the Wicker Park Bucktown SSA #33 on November 23, 2005.
The WPB Mission:
'To sustain and promote the prosperity and unique qualities of life of the Wicker Park Bucktown neighborhood and commercial district, whilst preserving its diverse character for the benefit of its residents, visitors, and businesses through the wise and discerning investment of resources to enhance our public ways'
WPB SSA #33 Annual Report:
What are the boundaries of WPB?
- East side of Western from Division to Fullerton
- West side of Western from North to Fullerton
- Damen from Schiller to the Kennedy Expressway
- Ashland from Division to the Kennedy Expressway
- North from Western to the Kennedy Expressway
- North side of Division from Western to the Kennedy Expressway
- South side of Division from Western to Milwaukee
- Milwaukee from Division to Western
What does WPB offer?
For residents, tenants and business owners inside SSA boundaries (the blue areas on the map), WPB provides programs, including but not limited to the following:
- Holiday Décor
- Sidewalk Snow Removal & Cleaning, and Landscaping services.
- Graffiti Abatement Program: to help pay for repairing or replacing glass damaged by acid etching, and to help pay for installing anti-graffiti film to protect glass from damage.
- WPB Facade Rebate Program: owners and tenants of street level commercial or retail property may apply for a rebate up to 50% on approved facade improvement costs.
- Community Grant Program: to sponsor public programs, events, initiatives, or services that demonstrate a measurable benefit to the community and foster community growth and development within the SSA district.
- Community Signage and real time Bus Tracker Information: posted at various community locations.
- Specialty Projects: Public Art, Orange Walls Murals and other seasonal community events.
All WPB meetings are open to the public.
The Commission of WPB is guided by the 2009 WPB Neighborhood Master Plan and meets the third Wednesday of each month at 7pm with a Meet & Greet at 6:30pm. (location: Wicker Park Fieldhouse, 1425 N. Damen)
The WPB Committees report to the Commission and meet monthly. The committees include:
- Clean, Green & Safe Committee
- Promote: WPB Committee
- The Arts Committee
- Transportation Committee
- Guide Development Committee
To learn more about our committees and to find out how to get more involved visit www.wickerparkbucktown.org
WPB SSA #33 Commissioners
Radiance Fine Jewelry
Store B Vintage
Quick Release Bike Shop